Sep 29, 2010

Day 8?

kinda forgot what day im on.... well heres an update.

My cold has become a slight cough but whats weird is that when I run i complete forget i have a cold at all. Its not a bad cold so it has not affected me very much. I am losing excitement though.... I was suppose to be able to run 2 miles sat. Today (wed) I can only run 1.5 miles...though I think I can easily push myself farther....I wanted to be able to run 4 miles by friday. I guess its not humanly possible.

I did have a mini-break through while running today though. If you focus on your breathing running really is easier. The reason why i stopped running after about 1.5 was because i lost concentration on my breathing. I am able to take four steps per inhaling and then 4 steps per exhaling. Zen running is what i am trying to to. I am trying to get my mind off my body and on to somethingelse. its HARD! My mind wants to keep going back to "how am i feeling?" and "I think im tired now" Well Im losing faith in myself because of my lack of distance. I really wanted to be able to run the whole 10K now i'm just shooting for half the distance... :( ick...

I am very thankful for my supportive friends who said they believed in me even though im sure they thought I was crazy... going from never running races to attempting a 10K...yea i was smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment