Sep 19, 2010

10 comandments and Days 2-4 of 10K

Hello! Back from Contra-Dancing!!! WOW i highly suggest you try it! Im serious, Sounds really weird and kinda dumb, but if you go with a group its a BLAST! Its not just date dancing...oh no...you have a partner (your date maybe) but you and your partner dance with other multiple couples going up and down two lines! BIG GROUP DANCING!!! well any ways I stayed the last night at one of my friends place and her and her whole family are well-read ppl. of course if you know me than you'd think "well almost everyone is more well-read than you." (I would rather run around and play and move than sit still and "cozy" up with a book...) But anyways they are SMART ppl! well being smart my friend has this book in her room called the 10 Commandments of America. Which is a book for ppl from around the world (students/business ppl)who are coming to stay in USA for a long time or live here. Well most of the statements about America, to me at least were true. "Time is Money" "Do what you can while your still young" "Shop till you Drop" ect. and then I get to the last one... "Commandment 10: God Helps those who help themselves (work hard). In the list of '10 Commandments', one might except that God would be mentioned in the first commandment rather than the end of the list. God actually does come last on the list for most Americans." oh... for me at least being a Christian and truly believing in God and His love and protection over me, reading that...hurts. I know its true, Im not naive. But having to read it...idk... really hit me. God really should be first but maybe its b/c we are so focused on being independent we forget how dependent we really are? America is set on earning $$$, being popular and well-known (at least by name), and being able to care for just myself...but in order to do that we have to climb on ppl's backs, take whatever we can no matter what... "Time is money!" "Its all about me!" can this way of life last? Surely USA was not always like this... Can you picture this way of life getting out of hand? What will it look like? go ahead and answer a way and let your imagination flow!

Day 2lil jog day 2 at friend's apartment
Day 3 Contra danced everydance and sweated like a dog! (at least I was active!) sadly I had cookout milkshake and hushpuppies afterwards...)
Day 4 3'o clock, ran almost the full mile to Gas station...mostly up hill so very proud!!! :D Tried to text training buddy...no reply on when we are training tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment