Oct 14, 2012

When your battery has died...

Oh wow, its a super windy day with a change of thunderstorms and maybe even a tornado!! :) SWEETNESS (minus the cold...)!!

So as of recent...oky like for the past 5 months...maybe even longer, I've been simply losing motivation and desire to grow closer to God. If anything I have fallen back a bit. I still do my quiet times, though that was because of routine (until recently, i'll tell you later), but they do not seem as rewarding or as personal as it once was...It has been hard finding a church but should my relationship with God be based off my social life at a church? I feel my battery to grow and talk with God has died or is really low and IDK how to jump start it!

My wonderful boyfriend has been helping me and coming up with creative ways to try to move me to God. We are still going through the bible (We are in judges now!). He makes me (well he more suggests/encourages that I)  pray every night before we leave Skype. Encourages bible talk even when I dont "feel" like it. And I feel this has been a great help for me to simply not give up and wait for some AMAZING event to change me.

A relationship takes work and this is when a relationship gets hard. This is when I have to push through my lazy self and work to get to know who God is to me. I feel something has pushed or is pushing myself away from getting closer to God.

I am trying out another new church. I have been in Toledo since August and I still do not feel I have found the church for me. I have been church dating. HAhaha kind of funny sounding but true. Most of the time the dating/relationship ends after the "sit down and talk" stage. For me with anyone I was interested in having a relaitonship with, this would be sitting and encouraging them to talk. I would be listening, trying to see if I am really interested, if this guy has similar interests or believes, and if I could see another day with him. For most churches/guys the awkwardness of the first get together pushes me away without looking back. I love welcoming churches. The best way to see how welcoming a church really is, is to visit without a friend. By yourself! (thats dangerous when meeting a guy for the first time so I would not suggest that!) Since moving to Toledo I have been to churches with very welcoming people and some churches in which will ask you to change seats because their friends are going to sit there. That one hurt. Even after failure, time and time again, I still want to find a church. I have basically grown up in the church and I know the benefits of a community provided by the church. I am off to try another church!

No comments:

Post a Comment