May 13, 2012

Chipmunk capital of the US


Oky so when you think of chipmunks you probably think of either the infamous Chip and Dale or little adorable rodents that you get to see while hiking through the woods and that is if you are very lucky and quiet. Well the impression of elusive, secretive little creatures went straight out my window when I went hiking on Morrison Trail in Allegheny National Forest, PA. (BEAUTIFUL trail btw!) Anywho during my 5.3 mile hike I began counting how many times I heard or saw a chipmunk. About .5 miles on the trail I got to 15... .5 miles! thats a chipmunk basically everywhere... I decided to give up counting and just enjoy my hike and try not to step on the running rodents. They are still so cute though but I didnt realize how prominent they were untill I went hiking and then on the drive back home I saw them playing/fighting/running around in the streets like squirrels in NC! They bascially were like the crazy squirrels in NC but small and (lucky for them) cuter looking...
Below is a pic of the first chipmunk I saw in NY...basically the first living creature I saw moving into my temporary home.  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment