Apr 2, 2012

The Girl..who happens to have a Dragon Tattoo...maybe spoiler..

So shortly after New Years, My best friend Rachel and I decided to see a movie called (if it wasnt obvious by the title) Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.GREAT MOVIE! and Rachel, who read the book, said it was very close to the book minus a few details. The movie was very R rated and honestly a lot of unneeded sex scenes. BUT that's not why Im writing this!
The girl, Liz, is who I want to focus on. My first impression of Liz was a hard-core, tough, goth, who just wasnt someone I would go up and talk to on the streets...granted I dont normally go up and talk to ppl on the streets... Then she gets raped...more than once and the second time she is raped was the most graphic (not the most graphic scene in the movie) She was chained by all limbs to the bed, beaten, forced, and gagged. She screamed, yelled, and then cried in helplessness. To me at first (going to be honest) I kinda blew her off as feeling-less. Idk why really. I didnt consider her as a person. Then I saw this scene. I saw her cry. She became a girl to me. She became a real person who I felt very sorry for. That part of the movie I almost cried. I felt helpless as she did. I do not the true pain she was going through but I can sense the helplessness. She was just a girl to me, being brutally raped. After that movie, walking out, I wondered if my perception of ppl who put on these masks of being tough, goth, changed. I'm so certain it has. In a way, it made me really see people as people I guess. Weird how one movie can clump the entire human race into my learning experience... Anywho, I desire now to maybe find a way to reach out to everyone and anyone. No one, by dress, looks, or supposed attitude should turn you away. Where is God's love in that. No one should not receive a smile, or a helping hand. What throws your mind into judgmental thoughts? For me, girls with snobby faces, who look as if they believe they rule the world... kind of. Then my mind races about and will start to judge them even though they do not deserve it at all!!! I feel that Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, made me realize, on a more extreme level, how people should never be placed in boxes.

Idk if I actually finished everything I wanted to say. I wrote this over Christmas break. sorry this is late.

No comments:

Post a Comment