Oct 18, 2011

Hell's gonna be a party! (really?)

"I bet all the people in (insert town here) are robbing a store or raping each other since all the cops are at the community center watching over us." That statement sent the my classmates roaring with laughter, except me.
"Man, we are going to hell." Stated the driver
"At least we will all be there together," replied one of the passengers.
"Yea, its gonna be a party down there!"
While I on the other hand looked out the window and let my heart break.

We just talked about this and how Hell is a joke in our society. Its sad I wish they wouldn't take it so lightly. If they take Hell so lightly then do you think they take Heaven and God lightly as well? It breaks my heart because I don't know how to respond to them. I don't know how to tell them that Hell shouldn't be joked about without being a stereotypical baptist preacher to them and to just turn them away. So i kept quiet and did not laugh. "At least we know Dani's got it together," one of my classmates remarked... I hope they could sense my sadness. And I'm glad I am viewed as a Christian even though I never specifically told them. Hell is not going to be a party no matter who ends up there. If we hate the consequences of our sin on Earth how much more are we going to enjoy the consequences of our sin in a place designed for punishment? Hell is going to be pure torture whether its literal fire or agony that is just as painful as burning flesh from being truly separated from God.

My heart also breaks for the people who live in rural areas/ghettos. They are people. They have families, they have to work, provide, live. Just because the stereotype is that anyone who lives in the ghetto will hurt you in someway, is that true? People joke about locking their doors and saying how a place is sketch. Crime rates are higher in these areas, I know, and I do understand the need to be cautious, but a girl my age has to be cautious of her surroundings no matter where I am. In the library, in my apartment complex, going for a run in broad daylight. If we are so quick to make comments and jokes like that, wont we be quick to shut a person off because of where they live if they come to us for help? How often are people scared for those who move into the projects to raise a family and to be a light for that community? My parents included. My heart breaks because they want to know love, they want to feel safe and protected. They are not provided the same opportunities as others. Maybe it is their fault, maybe it was how they were raised, maybe it was just because of circumstance. Maybe they want out or something more to live for than what we would expect (drugs, gang action).


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-3x9Vt-tc&feature=related   





Wait...I before E except after C, except in the word society. HAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment