Mar 1, 2011

6 year olds and jokes and bees

So I have a job! I have one AWESOME job!!! Basically in short I am working on theraputic goals with a child who has autism. He is very high functioning and loves to play imaginary games. Well sometimes when he is upset about something no matter how stern you are he wont listen to you and just breakdown farther. Using humor is the key and it works great! Well anyways, here we are driving to Wal-Mart and my buddy starts getting upset because of a change in plans (transitions are hard for him) so I thought..." try humor....JOKES!" So I ask my buddy, "Hey where does a bee go to the bathroom?" His answer: "Silly Danielle! Bees dont go to the bathroom!" Me "really?" Him: "No they dont!" (he's laughing at this idea btw) Me: oh.      SO i try another joke: "What do you call a cat that digs in the sand." Him: No Danielle I dig in the sand not Jazzy (his cat)!" Me: "Cats dont dig in the sand?" Him: "Danielle stop being silly"

Well sadly my buddy at the moment doesnt understand jokes which is ok because I got him laughing and happy and the transition for him was easier. Im going to keep trying on the jokes :D ahhahaah Any good joke suggestions?

Btw:
Where do bees go to the bathroom?      BP station! (get it? Bee Pee station?)
What do you call a cat that digs in the sand?     Sandy Claws! (like Santa Claus!)

No comments:

Post a Comment